-->

Logo design board

Thursday 11 December 2014

The next step in creating my digital design company was the logo design.  After the long weekend (whoop whoop - we are going to Lesotho!) I will start designing my brand board and I want to be sure of the fonts I will be using. I have to admit by creating 14+ logos I have had a complete mind shift about typography and what I want to use. Not only did I change my initial design but (in my humble opinion) I started with better designs. It may not be perfect just yet but it is better.
 
I tend to rush with everything I do so for me to take it one step at a time is a miracle and one hell of an accomplishment. By changing the way I would have usually done this type of thing, I give myself time to process my choices and the pro's and cons. I don't bombard myself with decisions which in turn overwhelms me and then I either give up or do something else.

Dreyer digital design co logo design board


My first few favourite designs were numbers 1, 2 and 4 but after thinking out of the box and changing the conventional type-the-whole-word-out-type-of-scenario I now very much like the look of number 8, 10 (going to change the font), 12, 13 and 14. The designs up to number 7 looks amateurish but the last couple I like, its simple but striking.  
 
There are countless fonts to download (for free) so choose something that fits the design. I downloaded so many fonts and then some to create this board. If you think there's something wrong with the combination you choose, there probably is. But that is why there are typography experts (excluding myself on this one) to advise which types to combine. Reading up on what they suggested helped me a great deal.
 
I can now work on the designs I like with the fonts I like and I am one step closer to compiling my brand board. Loving my decision right now to take it step by step ... I enjoy it more!


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)