-->

The start of something big

Wednesday 10 December 2014

To start a business or design company in my case, requires a lot of time, deep thinking and patience. Well that's my experience anyway!

What should the outcome be? What do I want to sell, buy or distribute? What colour scheme should I go with? There are numerous questions that need answering and it can be overwhelming.

I decided to go back to the beginning. The very beginning, because it is fairly impossible to start thinking of company branding and doing a business plan without getting the initial step right! The seed cannot grow if the conditions don't allow for it or if certain factors are missing.

During the first week at college, they suggested we start with a mood board before we start designing a project. A mood board is a collage of images, text, samples or whatever you want to use in the project, it acts as inspiration. You get an immediate feel for the project when looking at the board. You know what you want to achieve.

I designed my mood board today, all digital and I feel better after spending half my day on it. The seed is planted. I know what I want to achieve. After this step the seed can grow and will hopefully be a beautiful Baobab one day.

But for now, I have patience.

Mood board Dreyer digital design co


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)