-->

Let it snow

Monday 27 July 2015

This past weekend I had a frozen moment where my beloved Kristoff and I were building ice castles and making snow angels. I was wearing a see-through bluish dress and we were riding in a sleigh. Magical ... Just kidding we went to Lesotho for our first (1.a) wedding anniversary and we wore thermals and gloves and we were travelling in my trusty Tata Indica. 



In my 31 years of existence I have never witnesses snow so you can imagine my excitement when we entered Lesotho and was driving towards the dark clouds aka Afriski Resort. 


and then - there it was. Our first sight of snow ... 


Until this moment I have only heard stories about snow trips and friends enjoying it with their friends and sleeping in a tent. outside. in the cold. I got reassurance from the hubster that we would be fine and that my Tata would survive, with us in it. 




It took about an hour or two, to reach the top of Moteng pass. I was smiling and got out of the car with camera in hand and feet firmly on the soft snow. 





It was about right at this moment when I realized that I have to put on my gloves. It was getting colder and I wanted to avoid getting frostbite. We decided to try and make it to Afriski Resort to enjoy a hot cup of cocoa and put our feet up next to the fire place. But we not that lucky. We had to turn back as the conditions had worsened. We stopped at Oxbow for a shot of port (dutch courage) and headed back down the mountain.







We had to proceed to the top of the mountain, but the road was already covered in ice and the cars started to skid. Someone from Afriski helped some of the cars to the top whilst others (including us) found some benefit from local guys giving us a push. But the worst was still to come. After reaching the spot where we were planning to spend the night cars were struggling to get down. Marius headed down to offer some assistance. 


and there I was guarding the car and taking a selfie ...




Respect for the Tata please and for the driver - my husband. Thank you for my first snow memory and the best first anniversary trip. It was both spectacular and amazing and may I say a bit - white!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)