-->

13 days left ...

Wednesday 3 June 2015

It is only human to not trust someone's driving ability that you don't know from a bar of soap. A lift club seemed like the only option to get us from Centurion to Prince Albert in the Northen Cape, which is  1 115 km away.  Driving at average speed would make the journey 10 hours and 22 minutes long, excluding bathroom breaks and making time to eat.



We started with four passangers and as the day progressed we ended up with 10 fellow travellers. The initial plan was to drive there in one car, but to fit 10 people in two cars, baggage included would have been a mission of note. It would have been definite fun getting to know fellow competitors but add stress and a confined space to the mixture and it is a recipe for disaster. 

A bus was the next option. But would have been an even longer journey as they may only travel 100 km/h and sitting upright for x amount of hours with someone sleeping on your shoulder is not my idea of fun. 

Although I have travelled by train before I have not travelled that far ... I consulted with the group and many agreed. I was on it, arranging with South African Railways / Sun African Travel who is really helpful. I would recommend them to anyone who want to take the train to anywhere ... The route stops at Prince Albert station, I mean come on! Who wouldn't want to take the train then! Having a stress free day, sleeping in a compartment and being able to walk around while we can take stunning pictures of South Africa as we travel. The rates are over and above what convinced me to rather travel with them. R460 oneway. Petrol and accomodation for one night would have been double. 


I am so much looking forward to our trip. Meeting follow competitors, assessing them as they are are there for the same objective as me. The question is, who is built tough(er)?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)