-->

8 days left until we leave for Ranger Odyssey 2015

Monday 8 June 2015

Today marks the eigth day before we depart from Park Station in Johannesburg and arrive in Prince Albert the morning of 18 June 2015. The first day of boot camp for the Ranger Odyssey 2015 competition. The train will come to a screetching hault at 07:35 in Prince Albert Station but Olienhof camp is situated 45km out of town. I am reminded by the words of the famous Afrikaans song "... dis te ver om te loop en te naby om te ry ..." Although this time round it definitely is to far to walk with our baggage, sleeping bag and pillow under our arms. 



Correct me if I'm wrong but our group has great team spirit and we should not only pitch at Olienhof Camp at 10:00 in the morning. We should ARRIVE and what better way to arrive than with local transport. Yes, you guessed it. We have arranged with a local taxi driver, Billy van Rooyen, to pick us up at the station and drop us off at camp. It is just a another way to make our trip a more memorable one.

Now on a more serious note. This morning I stumbled onto the Ranger Odyssey press release posted on Facebook. I don't want to hoot my own horn but when I received the long awaited phone call from Ford last week Monday, I was told that I am number one on the list. Obviously I was over the moon and then maybe just maybe thought that everyone gets told that to make them feel more special. Not that the call did not do that in the first place.  Well ... after reading the press release I got to the part where they mention all of the contestants names. My name was first on the list. I am excited all over again and all I can say is thank you for the panel who chose me. I am heading into this competition with a quote from Steve Martin - "Be so good they can't ignore you." 



May the full force of 4x4 be with me at boot camp and thank you to Ford for making this dream a reality. 

Facebook post link: https://www.facebook.com/notes/ford-south-africa/ranger-odyssey-journey-begins-for-40-boot-camp-contestants/895566113835708?pnref=story

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)